Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Community Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creativity Boosters!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capslok
Admin
Admin
capslok

Creativity Boosters! Empty
PostSubject: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 am

So, everyone. I had this idea...our RPs are currently a bit dead, and people are crying writers block. [AhemSuzenAhem.]

So I was wondering...what would you all think of a monthly writing contest?

Myself, (Or another Admin/Mod) would post a contest at the beginning of a month, and the community would have until the end of said month to submit a story (Or something), which would then be judged by the starter of the contest. The judge would post the name of the winner, as well as the reasoning behind his/her descision. (For fairnesses sake. Also, the judge cannot select his/her own story.)

My hope is that something like this would give everyone the nudge they need to keep at updating existing roleplays, and to keep them coming back to visit the forums.

I'm not sure what the prizes would be...I was thinking a month-long run of a banner of your choice, the addition of an emoticon of your choosing, or even a name colour change. (Suggestions would be much appreciated.)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions?

EDIT: The contest for this month can be viewed here. I'll ask that you confine your comments and queries to this thread, or my message box. Thanks, and happy writing!

Capslock

Last edited by capslok on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil KittyX
Mentor
Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 am

I like it. I've been thinking of just submitting a story for the hell of it anyway. Plus, I've never been part of writing contest... well unless you count that one time I came up with an odd campfire story for some boy scouts thing many many years ago.
Back to top Go down
Suzen
Counselor
Suzen

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:11 pm

DU ET.
Back to top Go down
capslok
Admin
Admin
capslok

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Oops. Put this in the wrong place.
Eniways. I'd like to have the opinions of a few other people before I start it.

But again, any other idea for prizes?

(Oh, and creds to Onion for the idea)
Back to top Go down
Suzen
Counselor
Suzen

PostSubject: 1234567890   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 pm

This is gonna need more explanation.
Back to top Go down
capslok
Admin
Admin
capslok

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 am

Prize-wise, the winner may currently choose from:

• A banner of their choice, which will remain until the next winner is announced
    OR
  • An emote of their choice, which will be permanent
    OR
  • A name colour of their choice, which will be permanent.
    OR
  • A request for a certain prize not listed here, which will be considered, and if deemed reasonable, granted.

ALSO, I will try to set it up so that the winner will have a whole month of special rank.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creativity Boosters!   Creativity Boosters! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creativity Boosters!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Community Forums :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: