Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Community Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simomate
Secretary
simomate

Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Empty
PostSubject: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 am

As of now most of the people here have come from Dofus, and there's not quite enough activity going around. So I decided to advertise this site on facebook. Unfortunately I've discovered it cost's money to facebook advertise so I'm avoiding that. Instead, I've made a like page. I am also creating a like button, to put on this site. I will give it to travis, and if he chooses he can implant it.

So, post your ideas here on how we should advertise this place. How to get more people to join in this community Twisted Evil
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Community-Forums/217466724934719

Like the page everyone jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://forum.dofus.com/en/23-spitting-bwork-tavern/215352-avenge
NightFlame
Scout
NightFlame

PostSubject: Re: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 pm

I don't have a facebook account so I can't like that page. Not that I need one anyway.

Maybe we should place a topic on the Dofus Forums to join our site? And make sure to tell them that they get free cookies when they join the site Razz
Back to top Go down
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/User:KurokamiZero
Kat
Penitent
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Honestly, while advertising it on the Dofus site would be a good idea in theory, I am of the suspicion that they would come here and just make another "Inn" without actually participating in any of the other RP's Suspect That is counter productive and I think this forum needs "legit RP'ers." Any one of us could make one of those "Inn" Rp's and none of us have and I'm sure the forum does'nt need that to become the only active thread. But that's just my opinion and the reason I refrain from posting a link there.
In theory, a good idea, but I think the forum needs a different type of person than that.

As for advertising, we have a few artistically inclined people here and I'm sure some of us post in other forums than this, why not signature "Buttons" or Artwork that would catch people's curiosity and redirect them here. You really have to sell the place though, might want to make the front page more vivid and attractive. "A forum for everyone" ain't going to catch many eyes and its going to confuse new people. Needs to be more specific to appeal to a person's interests....
Back to top Go down
xofaytox
Apprentice
xofaytox

PostSubject: Re: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 am

Well I liked the FB page, but I have never had any luck in recruiting friends to RP. I do agree with Kat about most of the RPers that are left in the Dofus Forum, but I don't think that there would be any harm in advertising there. There are still a few good ones lurking around there that we might attract. The one thing I worry about advertising on the Dofus Forum, is that the Devs might think that we are trying to steal members away from the Spitting Bwork. If someone does post a link there I think it should be in the RolePlay Conference Room thread and be worded carefully.
Back to top Go down
simomate
Secretary
simomate

PostSubject: Re: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:06 am

Hmm also what information should I include on the facebook page?
Back to top Go down
http://forum.dofus.com/en/23-spitting-bwork-tavern/215352-avenge
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this   Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising of this Site; I esp want Travis to read this
Page 1 of 1